If you’re worried about downsizing your home, you really shouldn’t be. While finding the right home for your budget and planning a move can feel stressful, the right planning tips can melt so much of that worry away. So keep these budgeting, moving and downsizing tips close by.
Think about Budget and Finances First
Downsizing can save you money but financial planning the entire process is also important.
- Powwow can help with all your financial planning needs.
- As part of this plan, start thinking about your retirement budget.
- Then you can start researching the local housing market, looking at prices and availability.
- For instance, Andover is a very competitive market, with hot homes selling around 3 percent above listing price.
- Of course, you should also determine your new home budget.
- Also think about the expense involved in moving.
- Finding moving services online requires research.
- As you get quotes, ask if they will bring moving supplies.
- Then you can check this task off of your moving to-do list.
- Before moving day, you should also pack an essentials box.
Then Work on Decluttering Belongings
One of the perks of downsizing is dealing with less stress so leave your clutter behind.
- Having a decluttering plan can keep you from being overwhelmed.
- As you sort through things, be thoughtful about what to keep and toss.
- Then you can take your time deciding what to do with sentimental items.
- Of course, you could hire a move manager to help your declutter and plan.
- Just be sure to ask for tips for keeping your smaller home organized.
Downsizing shouldn’t cause you more stress in your golden years. It should really free you from it. So if you’re worried about an upcoming downsizing move, try to keep the tips and resources above in mind. Also consider working with experts that can guide and help you along the way.
Written for Powwow, LLC by Andrea Needham